Hi, my name is Dr Delordson Moinina Kallon, PhD and I am your host on this site. This site was put together using notes I made on HLA when preparing for the UK Royal College of Pathology exams in Histocompatibility & Immunogenetics. Visitors to this site who are preparing for the ASHI exams have also found the site very useful.
The work of a Histocompatibility & Immunogenetics department centres around the provisions of laboratory services (including but not limited to HLA typing and screening) and clinical advice related to solid organ and stem cell transplantation, provision of transfusion support to immunologically refractory platelet patients and the investigation of the genetics of Major Histocompatibility Complex (MHC) related disease associations.
These notes cover all of the above. The notes are divided into three main Sections:
These notes are not meant to be taken as the final word on the clinical relevance of the HLA system but are meant instead to be a starting point for further research. I will update these notes as I continue to develop my own knowledge of the subject.
- You get all the content of this website in one easy to read pdf format
- You get a list of over 300 references in H&I
- You have access to all the articles even when offline
- You can print at your leisure
- You get pull out tables summarising disease associations
- Finally you will be making a valuable contribution to the upkeep of this site.